[aprssig] APRS RFID apps? (MAP list)

Bob Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Wed Feb 10 23:42:00 EST 2010

> Therefore for APRStt and RFID I think it best
> to clearly show up on the map as a distinct
> vertical table located in a logical place
> on the map.

> So what APRS application can do this?

All of them.

> The closest to this is the stacked symbols
> in UIview.  All the posits from the same
> location wind up stacked on top of each other

The list formation is done at the transmit site by incrementing the latitude by 0.01 from an origin location and that way the list shows up on all clients of all kinds.  YOu can see what it looks like as implemented in APRStt at Dayton last year.  See he APRSdos map (3rd image down on) www.aprs.org/aprstt.html

The APRStt PC is located at the red X in the middle of the buildings.  But any DTMF user that did not send a position, just his call, was placed on the map on the left edge.  Uview and any other client would have displayed the same thing.  That left edge location was chosen because it is a grove of trees where no one would normally be.

The next image on that page shows how such a list is made by an APRStt in a larger area at  the 147.105 rpeater.  There, DTMF callsigns are incremented by 0.1 mile because the range of that APRStt is much larger and people will be looking at that area on a larger scale.

Bob, Wb4APR