[aprssig] Object Timestamps and 111111

Lynn W. Deffenbaugh (Mr) ldeffenb at homeside.to
Sun Dec 12 09:58:59 EST 2010

Greetings to the APRS knowledge repository,

Where can I find documentation on the use and specification of the
timestamp that appears in APRS Object packets?  I've read Chapter 11 of
aprs101.pdf and understand the formatting of the timestamp ,but not the
use nor the (apparently special) 111111 timestamp.

There seems to be a discrepancy (bug?) in the interpretation of various
timestamp formats in the Kenwood line of APRS radios and I'm trying to
ensure that my APRSISCE/32 software is, in fact, generating valid object
packets.

Any pointers to the definition of the timestamp on object packets,
especially the spec of the 111111 special value (which the newer
Kenwoods appear to accept as a z, but not an h) and what it means.

PS.  I Googled for "APRS Object +111111" and that provided examples, but
I did not see the specification of what it actually means.