[aprssig] APRS SDR

Jason KG4WSV kg4wsv at gmail.com
Sat Dec 11 23:38:57 EST 2010

On Sat, Dec 11, 2010 at 10:06 PM, KA7O <ka7o at ka7o.net> wrote:
> HamHUD itself can be considered a major step - common components, defined
> application.
>
> Byonic's "all in one" tracker is also a big step - different drummer.

Neither of these are SDR, and the hamHUD isn't even a radio.

I suspect the biggest issue is that there isn't anyone with the
combination of motivation, knowledge, and resources to make it happen.
 I've glanced at this project http://openhpsdr.org/, but it all seems
centered on HF operation.

I attended the cubesat workshop at Cal Poly a few years ago, and heard
one speaker opine there was no reason multiple data (APRS, AX.25, etc)
channels couldn't be handled by a single SDR.  I'd love to have a rig
that could TX/RX a couple or three channels of APRS and still do
voice, all on a single antenna.

-Jason
kg4wsv