[aprssig] APRS SDR

Jeremy McDermond mcdermj at xenotropic.com
Mon Dec 13 16:56:03 EST 2010

On Dec 11, 2010, at 8:38 PM, Jason KG4WSV wrote:

> I suspect the biggest issue is that there isn't anyone with the
> combination of motivation, knowledge, and resources to make it happen.
> I've glanced at this project http://openhpsdr.org/, but it all seems
> centered on HF operation.

Most of the development is currently concentrating on HF, but there has been a lot of interest in >50MHz as well.  There are some folks that are currently using the OpenHPSDR gear with a transverter of some kind to work EME and such.  There's nothing currently in the works for UHF/VHF/Microwave, but that could change as some of the other projects are released into production.

--
Jeremy McDermond (NH6Z)
Xenotropic Systems
mcdermj at xenotropic.com