[aprssig] APRS SDR

KA7O ka7o at ka7o.net
Sat Dec 11 23:06:46 EST 2010

As well as anyone, you know there have been "steps" in that direction -
but not a specific project.

HamHUD itself can be considered a major step - common components,
defined application.

Byonic's "all in one" tracker is also a big step - different drummer.

Not so sure that the 'task' of APRS is generic enough that it, on it's
own, would warrant the development of such a device. I'm not sure how to
even evaluate that need.

It'd almost be like trying to develop a PC to run a spreadsheet. May be
better over all to develop the PC first - then build a 'killer app' for it.