[aprssig] Improper Balloon Paths...

Kriss A Kliegle kliegle at myfairpoint.net
Sun Apr 25 08:14:37 EDT 2010

The explaination I usually get is they are worried when it gets low in altitude during the decent, (last few hundred feet) that they won't get a fix on it. So the rest of us get QRM'ed for for the entire duration just for their last few hundred feet on the return!

I guess they slept thru that class on extrapolation, or have no concept of decent rates, winds, and educated guesses.

Besides, one your hear it on direct if one were to go to the last known position or just down wind of it.

I'm all for balloon tracking, but lets use the little profile switching feature of the firmware to use proper paths and TX rate versus altitude.

Kriss KA1GJU

"Can't fix stupid."