[aprssig] Improper Balloon Paths...

Jason KG4WSV kg4wsv at gmail.com
Sun Apr 25 08:40:03 EDT 2010

On Sun, Apr 25, 2010 at 7:14 AM, Kriss A Kliegle
<kliegle at myfairpoint.net> wrote:
> I guess they slept thru that class on extrapolation, or have no concept of
> decent rates, winds, and educated guesses.
>
> Besides, one your hear it on direct if one were to go to the last known
> position or just down wind of it.

Sounds like you have no actual experience with tracking and recovery
under less than ideal conditions, or you think the APRS network is for
your exclusive use, or maybe you just don't understand that APRS is
LOCAL network and adding one additional station to your local network
for an hour or two just isn't that big a deal.

Why are _you_ using a non-direct path in an aircraft that's ~1500'
AGL?  Sounds hypocritical to me, if you expect ballooners to use
direct-only and guess (sorry, extrapolate) the final position.

> "Can't fix stupid."

too true.

-Jason
kg4wsv