[aprssig] APRS software capability ideas. . .

Lynn W. Deffenbaugh (Mr) ldeffenb at homeside.to
Mon Apr 12 11:51:29 EDT 2010

Just keep in mind that the multi-tasking announced for iPhone 4.0 isn't
really multi-tasking by the purest definition.  It is best described as
"limited" or "controlled" multi-tasking as described at
http://www.gearlog.com/2010/04/apple_adds_iphone_multi-taskin.php

"Apple and company CEO Steve Jobs finally went and did it, they added
Multitasking--of a sort--to the iPhone OS. It's not a pure-play, mind
you. In iPhone OS 4 there are now certain services that developers can
access to run processes in the background. Jobs is promising that this
will protect performance and battery life."

Remember, Apple was the original consumer PC that touted "cooperative"
multi-tasking on their original Macs.  Just because they use a word that
has an accepted definition, doesn't mean that they're meaning the full
definition of that word.

Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ - Author of APRSISCE for Windows Mobile and Win32 -
True multi-tasking OSes