[aprssig] Password changed in WinAPRS & MacAPRS

Tapio Sokura oh2kku at iki.fi
Thu Apr 8 18:17:43 EDT 2010

On Fri, April 9, 2010 00:49, Jacob Tennant wrote:
> I have noticed also that since G4IDE had passed away, there has nort been
> any updates to UI-View either, so is it going to eventually become a
> abandoned program as well?

UI-View has been basically abandoned since Roger's death. It was his will
that the source code be destroyed and UI-View not be developed any
further. There is an active community of users however and as far as I
know, registration codes are still available. But new versions of UI-View
won't be published.

I guess the current day popularity of UI-View is an indication of the
current situation of Windows APRS software. The last time I checked, it
was still the most popular APRS software, when the number of packets sent
to APRS-IS was used as the criteria (callsign to-field).

  Tapio