[aprssig] Password changed in WinAPRS & MacAPRS

Jacob Tennant k8jwt at comcast.net
Thu Apr 8 17:49:01 EDT 2010

I understand this fact about Win/Mac APRS but as a registered uder of both Mac/Win APRS AND UI-VIew32 I would still like to be able to run both so as to help anyone else in my local area that are running the various version of APRS software.

I have noticed also that since G4IDE had passed away, there has nort been any updates to UI-View either, so is it going to eventually become a abandoned program as well?

I have been working with XASTIR on linux as well as SV2AGW's AGWTracker software as well as they are really coming into their own as main stream APRS software systems.

I feel I need to keep up to date running most of the versions used in my area so as to be able to help others trying to get started on APRS as well as doing demo's for clubs that want one.

Also, I am a firm believer in running software written for the operating system being used. Have tried to run XASTIR in WIndows using Cgywin better it never seemed to work write, and with getting a new MAC laptop in a few weeks would like to run a version of APRS made to run on MacOS. But will use XASTIR if I have to.

Just my thoughts,

Jacob Tennant - K8JWT