[aprssig] Future Concept for APRS

Stephen H. Smith wa8lmf2 at aol.com
Mon Sep 21 14:41:22 EDT 2009

Chris Moulding wrote:

> The program will work with any serial TNC including the Kenwood and
> Alinco radios so if anyone can test it with Unicode I would welcome
> the feedback.
>

> 73s,
>
> Chris, G4HYG

Just downloaded and tried this program.    It seems to need exclusive
access to the TNC, and cannot be used while other programs like UIview
or Network Analysis are running.

Would it be possible to modify the program to support the AGW Packet
Engine?

With AGW as a middle-man between the TNC and applications, it is
possible for any number of programs to share TNC access
simultaneously.    Not to mention that the sound-card virtual TNC
function of AGW can avoid the need for a conventional TNC completely!

Have you looked at UI-Instant Messenger?

     <http://www.apritch.myby.co.uk/addon_agw.htm#uim>

This application looks EXTREMELY similar to yours but DOES support AGWpe.

Stephen H. Smith    wa8lmf (at) aol.com
Skype:        WA8LMF
Home Page:          http://wa8lmf.net

NEW!  HF APRS Notes & Guide