[aprssig] 9600 baud aprs

Bill V WA7NWP wa7nwp at gmail.com
Mon Sep 14 21:26:47 EDT 2009

> change the refs of 1200 baud to 9600 baud, and 9600 baud to 56k baud, then

How about 10MB?

Could we put a WiFi access point like the WRT54 into some sort of
promiscuous mode and then use PING or whatever to generate data
packets with plain text  packets.  A simple client watching the flow
could pick up the ping packets, pull out the text and hand it off to a
running client just like regular APRS packets...   If we came up with
a pseudo KISS format we could then start using existing applications
like Digi_ned.   This would give us short range but very fast and
reasonably cheap radios...

I supposed I should finally look at aprsdigi which already supports
some sort of UDP APRS on TCP...

73
Bill - WA7NWP