[aprssig] Airborne Digis

Tom Hayward esarfl at gmail.com
Mon Sep 14 16:53:17 EDT 2009

On Mon, Sep 14, 2009 at 12:55 PM, Keith VE7GDH <ve7gdh at rac.ca> wrote:

> I just gave it a try. In a T2-301 (5W radio with OT2m built into it) I
> enabled SARn-N with pre-emptive digipeating turned on for that alias. On
> a T2-135, I entered a path of TEST1-1,TEST-2-1,SAR3-3 and forced it to
> beacon. Watching the return coming back from the T2-301, all of the digi
> path ahead of the SARn-N were marked as used...
>
> <Digi Echo>
> VE7GDH-2>APOT21,TEST1-1*,TEST2-1*,VE7GMI-3*,SAR3-2
> :!4848.96N\12327.30WkT2-135 P1

Good test. I was confused about this after Stephen's first post.

Because the Tracker2 handles preempting correctly, I move my vote to
setting the airborne digipeater to respond to SARn-N (hop limit 7 and
preempt).

Preempt and SARn-N is really a great setup for SAR...

Greg, to answer your question about dupe checking on
WIDE2-1,SAR1-1,WIDE2-1: The digipeater that digipeated the
WIDE2-1*,SAR1-1,WIDE2-1 will not digipeat WIDE2-1*,SAR1-1*,WIDE2-1, as
long as it supports dupe checking. Dupe checking matches the payload
of the packet, which hasn't changed in this case.

Tom KD7LXL