[aprssig] External GPS antenna suggestions for Nuvi 350

Keith VE7GDH ve7gdh at rac.ca
Sat Oct 24 22:17:24 EDT 2009

Jordan KG6UAE wrote...

> does anyone have any opinions about external antennae for the 350?

I have an active antenna that works with my 76S and the Nuvi 350.
The cable is probably 6-8' or so with an MCX connector on the end.
I'd have to find it to check the make, but it's a generic antenna.
Signal strengths were as good or better with the external antenna. Per
the Nuvi manual, the one that Garmin provides is the GA 27C. On their
website, they also list the lower priced GA 25MCX low profile remote
GPS antenna in the accessories for the Nuvi. I just did a search for
"GPS antenna" and found one for just over $4 on eBay with $10 for
the shipping. Ooops... that was with the smaller MMCX connector.
Item # 200122433971 is MCX, $16 CAD and $9 shipping in Canada,
but $11 to the US. I'm sure you can find many sellers in the US and
Hong Kong.

73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH