[aprssig] Nuvi 350 full?

Keith VE7GDH ve7gdh at rac.ca
Sat Oct 24 01:21:11 EDT 2009

Bob WB4APR wrote...

> Question. How do I selectively DELETE the 500 mile away
> stations that I am no longer interested in. My NUVI is saying
> it is full and I don't see how to selectively delete...

Are you using a T2? With the MAXRANGE setting, you can limit
the range of waypoints uploaded to the GPS.

There is of course a "delete all" button which isn't a bad idea so you
can delete stations that might have disappeared hours or days ago.

> Deleting them one at a time always takes you back to the start of the
> list which would take forever. Also, you cannot scroll backwards from
> the closest to the furthest. You have to start at the beginning and
> step through 500 waypoints to get to the end.

You could delete the nearer waypoints first so you didn't have to scroll
as far to get to the distant waypoints that you want to get rid of - hi!
However the more painless way if you don't want to limit MAXRANGE
would be to download the waypoints to your computer, save the file for
a backup, edit it to get rid of the unwanted waypoints and then do a
"delete all" on the Nuvi and then upload the ones that you want to keep
back to he Nuvi. If you don't want to use the Garmin software for
managing the waypoints, you could use EasyGPS. It was just mentioned
over on the T2 support list.  www.easygps.com

> Of course, there must be an easier way, and I just have not taken the
> time to find it?

If you haven't created any waypoints that you want to keep, just do a
"delete all" on the Nuvi.

73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH