[aprssig] Nuvi 350 full?

Armour, Randy (ITS) Randy.Armour at nashville.gov
Sat Oct 24 01:42:44 EDT 2009

Having nearby APRS stations sorted by distance is a great thing.  It
keeps stations that are closer and therefore probably of more interest
on the top page of waypoints.  The problem is that it is impossible to
know if that station that shows to be .5 miles from your current
location was there within the last minute, or the last week.

Having the belief that old position information is of little value,
regardless of distance, I typically delete all waypoints each time the
Nuvi is powered on and the menus to reach the "favorites" list are
navigated.  As the favorites list is re-populated, you know the
information is current.

If you use the Nuvi for general purpose navigation, as well as APRS,
deleting all the waypoints also destroys your "home" setting and any
other point of interest you may have marked.  There is an active
discussion on the tracker2 Yahoo group to somewhat work around the
problem with deleting everything. The thread subject is "Favorites in
the Nuvi 350 Issue"

Randy - KI4LMR