[aprssig] DX-cluster Messaging? (CC-cluster)

Earl Needham earl.kd5xb at gmail.com
Wed Oct 7 12:55:32 EDT 2009

Bob wrote:
1) Congestion due to mobiles thinking APRS is a vehicle tracking
system that must give them good tracks at high rates.  Wrong.
I'm thinking all those 9600 BPS channels Jim mentioned yesterday might go a long way toward fixing this congestion -- if they exist anywhere other than the Pacific Northwest. I have to admit I've never heard of this anywhere else.

I'm sure getting to a higher frequency band so we could use MUCH higher data rates would be a wonderful step in this direction.
Bob also wrote:
5) Excessive expectations