[aprssig] WIDEn-N question

Lynn W. Deffenbaugh (Mr) ldeffenb at homeside.to
Tue Nov 3 21:25:29 EST 2009

Steve,

I'm really not being contentious, but I've never seen a recommendation
of the N-1 described below.  You caught me at a good/bad time as I'm
actually preparing an APRS presentation for our local ham club and had
just re-read the following New-N Paradigm pages....

http://www.aprs.org/fix14439.html

http://www.aprs.org/newN/relayFIX.txt

As it says there, I've only seen WIDE1-1,WIDE2-2 suggested and never
WIDE1-1,WIDE3-2 although I completely understand the logic behind the
latter.

Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ