[aprssig] WIDEn-N question

Steve Noskowicz noskosteve at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 3 21:53:57 EST 2009

Hi Lynn,  I hafta' chuckle every time I see that (Mr)

That's ok.    I understand 100%.  I am also only repeating my recollection/understanding (for validation or correction).  Perhaps Bob will read my words and either confirm or suggest that I change my brand of sedative.  (:-)

I intentionally left this detail out of my Beginner Guide and just say "for a path, just use bla, bla".   I also don't go into that level of detail when doing a talk since it is always beginners and it's better to just say use this path and shut up! - so to speak (:-).

I remember reading the "...fix14439" page and questioning the ...WIDE 2-2  vs.  WIDE3-2  and wanted to understand the purpose/intent/desire.  I'm pretty sure I kept it off list.  I had a desire for it to make sense and WIDE 2-2 seemed to rub me the wrong way when WIDE2-1 was "correct".  I've been an Engineer way too long.

Perhaps you can ping him to see if my interpretation was an original intent, or not.  It sure seems reasonable to want to know the packet's intent.

73, Steve, K9DCI