[aprssig] WIDEn-N question

Steve Noskowicz noskosteve at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 3 13:14:01 EST 2009

In summary:

Examples are nice, but I believe the concept is intended as follows:

WIDE1-1,WIDEn-N

The second (lower case) 'n' (the only 'n' I show above) is "supposed" to tell how many hops you ORIGINALLY requested - or programmed for, in your original packet.  This is designed to help trace things and tell what's happening so 'folks' can see how the network is performing.

Therefore, in this paradigm, "n" should anways be one more than "N".  Again the N's as shown above.

In matheeze/computereeze:   WIDE1-1,WIDE(N+1),N

NO?

Following this paradigm, the following would be "correct" if not necessarily preferred or practical.

WIDE1-1,WIDE2-1
WIDE1-1,WIDE3-2
WIDE1-1,WIDE4-3

-- 73, Steve, K9DCI

FINALLY, an up to date APRS Beginner Guide - 2009.
Direct link:
http://k9dci.home.comcast.net/APRS Beginner Guide - K9DCI Ver 5-1.pdf
OR
  http://K9DCI.home.comcast.net
    Click the APRS Beginner INFO link under Contact

Manage Radio Memories with an Excel Spreadsheet !
Click to tune. Click to capture Radio freq.
All Memories on one page. Cut, Copy, Paste, Print 'em...
For:
TM-D700 |         TH-F6A      |   TS-2000    |   Icom 706MkIIG
All PMs |Real-time & memories | Sat mems too | Loads Mem Tones!

More Details, Features and Downloads at:
http://home.comcast.net/~k9dci/site/?/page/Amateur_Radio_Control/

  http://k9dci.home.comcast.net/