[aprssig] Newbie APRS object question

Gregory A. Carter gcarter at openaprs.net
Thu May 21 22:27:15 EDT 2009

If you want to send them on APRS-IS you could always make life easier on you
and use OpenAPRS.  Signup for a free account, verify your FCC licesense with
us by either RF or emailing a scanned copy of your original FCC license and
create your object through us.  You can even set the object to be broadcast
at intervals for up to a year, then you need to recreate it for the next
year.

It's a pretty easy point-and-click process to setup your symbol, location,
title and status...

Getting your local iGate op to send the packet through RF is up to you
though.

Greg

NV6G
OpenAPRS.Net