[aprssig] APRS path question

Steve Noskowicz noskosteve at yahoo.com
Fri May 22 20:49:21 EDT 2009

  A digipeater has a call sign and it has one or more aliases.  The digi uses the alias just like it's call sign (in the first approximation).

So... if the digi belonging to Vk4AAA has a call of VK4AAA-1 and an alias of WIDE.  It will repeat a packet with a path of either of these.

VK4AAA-1,bla,bla

WIDE,bal,bla

Except that other digis will repeat the WIDE if they hear you AND have an alias of WIDE.  Only VK4AAA-1 will repeat the first one.

Test to see if I get this correct.

I can't answer why packets get swallowed by digis.  I have that problem with the digi 5 miles from me.

-- 73, Steve, K9DCI
Manage Radio Memories with an Excel Spreadsheet !

Versions for these Radios:
TM-D700 |       TH-F6A     |   TS-2000    |  Icom 706MkIIG
All PMs |   Does .fx files |   Sat Mems   |  Easy Mem Tones

More Details, Features and Downloads at:
http://home.comcast.net/~k9dci/site/?/page/Amateur_Radio_Control/
--
  http://k9dci.home.comcast.net/
You know that sea of entropy we were going to drown in?  Well, upon closer examination, it turned out to be ignorance.  S. Noskowicz 1987