[aprssig] Re : Re : NWS ON rf

Steve Jones steve.jones at rogers.com
Sun May 10 20:01:36 EDT 2009

On May 10, 2009, at    6:28 PM, rttyman wrote:

> This will be solution in your case for Italian hams not to see "ICP"
> on their end, if this "ICP" sign come to APRS-IS. But Zero not
> assigned
> to any ham prefix 0ICP would not be a problem.

What exactly would the problem be?

The only problem I could see would be if somebody was foolish enough
to gate all Italian traffic to RF.

Once again, setting a geographic range filter centered on Italy with
an appropriate range would keep out all tactical traffic originated
elsewhere that matches the callsign filter.

It's something easily setup on *your* end and doesn't require the
other 99% of hams out there who don't seem to mind tactical traffic on
the APRS-IS to do anything.

--
Steve <steve.jones at rogers.com>