[aprssig] NWS ON rf

Steve Dimse steve at dimse.com
Sat May 9 09:58:16 EDT 2009

Sorry, I hit send too soon. The other point I wanted to make is that
the APRS Internet System was not intended to be, and never was, a
hamradio only network. From when I first conceived of it I wanted it
to serve as an ambassador for amateur radio, one that showed a new
audience of people the value of amateur radio. It has succeeded in
this regard, I have heard from many people who became hams after being
introduced to the possibilities through the internet side of APRS. A
large number of the users of the APRS IS are not hams (yet) and that
is not a bad thing.

Steve K4HG