[aprssig] Aprstt- new spec 2.1

Bob Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Wed May 6 19:04:43 EDT 2009

> About the APRStt, here in regional area [in France],
> no users for this system.  Only the beta testers.
> After a lot of test with the french team,
> F5SMZ,F8ASB,F5ORQ and myself, for the moment, we
> have frozen our experiences.

Well, another author is writing a new version here, and since I had not heard any more from the French team, we just went ahead and developed APRStt from scratch.  While implementing he code, we made some updates to the protocol.  So now APRStt is version 2.1  and is somewhat different than what you developed.

So please remember that if you do proceed with a version of APRStt, that it will need to be compatible with the current spec 2.1.  You can find the current spec as it evolved on www.aprs.org/aprstt/aprstt-coding21.txt
and www.aprs.org/aprstt/aprstt-v.txt
and www.aprs.org/aprstt/aprstt-user.txt

We will have a working version on the air at our national Dayton Hamvention and hopefully people will use it for special events like this.  See the MAP we will use on
www.aprs.org/aprstt.html

thanks
Bob, Wb4APR