[aprssig] Looking for an appplication ?

Jeff Dugas radarbuzz at delphiforums.com
Mon May 4 20:11:14 EDT 2009

Tom,

The 160 character limit is certainly a potential issue for text message
queries.  I was thinking the other day that perhaps one could specify
(limit) the kind of info one wanted with a "command switch" of sorts.  For
example, in the text of the email to text message:

callsign-SSID /addr
 Would return the physical location info as it does now

callsign-SSID /geo
  Would return the Lat Lon

And perhaps  ...
callsign-SSID /geo-D.DD
  would return Lat /Lon in decimal degrees

callsign-SSID /geo-DMS
  degrees minutes seconds

callsign-SSID /geo-DM.M
    degrees and decimal minutes