[aprssig] HAMFEST Objects (again)

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Wed Jun 3 12:43:49 EDT 2009

> I have the text figured out for our hamfest
> coming up this month.  The first three lines
> will display ferfectly on the D700/710's.

> HFEST-19_
>
> Su JUL 19_
> I57 Xit327
> _Peotone
> _KARSFEST_W9AZ.com

Great!  Glad you chose the formatting that way.

One thing you might consider is that anyone that sees this
object will also see its location too.  And they have GPS so
they can drive right to it.  So instead of putting the position
into the text, you might consider on the day of the event,
changing the text to include the TALK-IN frequency.  So mobile
hams can then checkin and get any added info.

Be sure to use the correct format "146.xxxMHz..." as the first
text, so that D710's can tune it in with just the TUNE button.

Bob, WB4aPR

> Should I just put it up as an object from my home station in
> UIView32 (or)
> is there a better way to put it on as a btext or similar on
> one or both of our super digis?
>
> My home is out in the boonies rather far removed from the
> Chicago area and the club owns a super digi in southern Cook
> Co that I have control of.
> Would that be a better idea than the UIView object? The tnc
> is a kpc3 v8.3.
>
> The first three lines will display ferfectly on the
D700/710's.

> _  =a space
>
> HFEST-19_
>
> Su JUL 19_
> I57 Xit327
> _Peotone
> _KARSFEST_W9AZ.com
>

> Clay Melhorn N9IO Bonfield, IL
> Webmaster:
> KARS - Kankakee Area Radio Society - W9AZ http://www.w9az.com/
> ARRL (Central Division) http://www.central.arrl.org/
>

> > From: bruninga at usna.edu
> > To: aprssig at tapr.org
> > Date: Tue, 2 Jun 2009 10:18:33 -0400
> > Subject: [aprssig] HAMFEST Objects (again)
> >
> > I just checked, an nowhere in the world for the next 2 weeks
are
> > there any Hamfests.
> >
> > See http://map.findu.com/HFEST*
> >
> > Everyone should remember to not only advertise their
Hamfests,
> > but also put it out as an APRS object so that it shows on
the
> > front panel of every mobile that is APRS equipped so he can
SEE