[aprssig] HAMFEST Objects (again)

Clay Melhorn n9io at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 3 13:16:38 EDT 2009

> > HFEST-19_
> >
> > Su JUL 19_
> > I57 Xit327
> > _Peotone
> > _KARSFEST_W9AZ.com
>
> Great! Glad you chose the formatting that way.
>
> One thing you might consider is that anyone that sees this
> object will also see its location too. And they have GPS so
> they can drive right to it. So instead of putting the position
> into the text, you might consider on the day of the event,
> changing the text to include the TALK-IN frequency. So mobile
> hams can then checkin and get any added info.
>
> Be sure to use the correct format "146.xxxMHz..." as the first
> text, so that D710's can tune it in with just the TUNE button.
>
> Bob, WB4aPR

Bob,

Point makes sense.

I have two D700's and have not yet seen or read anything on the 710 only that I know they second vfo can be qsy'd to an object broadcasting a freq.

Question, which line does the D710 recognize when pressing this "Tune" button

Do I replace the

HFEST-19 or the

Su JUL 19 line with the talk-in freq

By first text I think yu mean

Su JUL 19 line should be replaced.

Also what about adding the PL?  Is that recognised as well or does the op have to manually change the PL?

73'

Clay Melhorn N9IO