[aprssig] Kenwood D7 software on Linux?

Greg D. ko6th_greg at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 2 02:31:27 EDT 2009

Hi Dave,

Well, that does sound like it might be the problem (though I'd expect that if the BIOS calls don't work for receive, they shouldn't work for transmit either, and I DO see characters being sent to the radio.)

I tried the Link700 software under Wine.  It installed fine, and looks like a good alternative to Kenwood's software.  But I can't configure it; neither the File->Preferences nor F2 do anything, so I can't configure the serial port.  Is the configuration file something that I can fake out with a simple text file, or is it more complicated than that?  I wonder if I install and configure it under Windows, and copy the config file...?

Thanks for the suggestion,

Greg  KO6TH