[aprssig] APRS PC w/ touchscreen?

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Thu Jul 30 00:09:49 EDT 2009

On Thu, 30 Jul 2009, Fred Eckert wrote:

> Does anyone run an APRS app on a PC with a touchscreen interface?

Yes.  I have on many occasions.  Haven't recently though.

> I am playing with the idea of a "semi-embedded" PC in my car
> running Xastir. -- Interfaced to a radio+tnc for RF APRS and
> tethered to a cell phone for APRS-IS. Any words of wisdom?

Yes.  There are some #define's in Xastir that you can enable before
compiling which will change some things around to make it easier to
operate.

I was running on a 640x480 color touchscreen display w/Linux and had
most things working satisfactorily.

Give me a yell if you can't find those #define's.  They're in main.c
or db.c as I recall.