[aprssig] APRS PC w/ touchscreen?

Steve Dimse steve at dimse.com
Thu Jul 30 00:02:31 EDT 2009

Just the same word of wisdom I've been spouting for the last two
years: iPhone.

Of course, over the last two years the option has gotten even better.
openAPRS has a very nice iPhone interface, if it adds support for the
new web based position protocol in iPhone OS 3.0 it will be great.
Apple added this cool feature (supported by FireFox as well as Apple)
with no fanfare, I never heard of it until Google released their web
based location app this week.

Given the local thunderstorms we deal with here in South Florida, I
really want a display that shows my current position overlaid on the
NWS weather radar. My iTunes store app which was rejected three times
did this, but the web based method works even better. I have this
working for myself, it will automatically upload my position from the
web browser to APRS-IS at the same time it gives me that weather
display. No Apple approval, no App Store charges. Once I get it
showing the other APRS activity around I'll open it up to all.

Steve K4HG