[aprssig] Is WXSVR Permanently Defunct???

Steve Dimse steve at dimse.com
Tue Jul 28 19:14:01 EDT 2009

On Jul 28, 2009, at 6:20 PM, Curt, WE7U wrote:

> In any case, a parallel implementation of some or all of its
> features is needed anyway, so it's not wasted effort by any means.

Absolutely. And I can say that if I just handed the code to findU to
someone, it would take quite a while for them to get up to speed
runnning a findU server. A program you write for yourself is not well
documented. You spend your time doing cool and fun things rather than
writing docs. It is not the same way you would approach a professional
coding assignment.

For a relatively simple thing like WXSVR or findU, the amount of time
figuring out the way it works may not be less than writing it yourself.

Steve K4HG