[aprssig] Is WXSVR Permanently Defunct???

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Tue Jul 28 18:20:27 EDT 2009

On Tue, 28 Jul 2009, Phil - AD6NH wrote:

> It's really too bad the wheel needs to be reinvented.  I have appreciated
> the services that WXSVR has given us over the years.  While I understand the
> time, money, and effort involved with maintaining a feature such as WXSVR,
> it sure would be nice for the folks on the development side to offer the
> platform for someone else to host if they feel they no longer want to
> support it.  Was the code so proprietary that it could not be transferred to
> another server?  I'm sure there are dozens of us if not more who would be
> more than willing to host WXSVR.

We don't even know why it's down at this point, it might be
temporary.  There were other short lapses in the long history of
WXSVR and it came back.  It might this time too.

In any case, a parallel implementation of some or all of its
features is needed anyway, so it's not wasted effort by any means.