[aprssig] Echolink Object Usage

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Wed Jul 22 13:14:43 EDT 2009

> I can RARELY use EL nodes while traveling until
> talking to the local trustee and finding the
> control codes for THAT node, or having them
> make the connection. The control codes are NOT
> listed/transmitted.

My thinking is that the normal use of Echolink nodes on APRS
mobile displays is for the mobile operator (who may be in global
text-message communiction with somone) to be able to text
message and say "call me on EL-123456".  This way, he does not
have to know anythig, just the Node number he sees on the map.
And the frequency that he can tune to is there in the object.

If my vision of the above senario is incorrect or incomplete,
please lemme know... Thanks.

I agree, being able to call-out is problematic because you don't
have the control codes.... Or has there developed some
commonality to EchoLink repeater access that all EchoLink
operators know?

Bob, Wb4APR