[aprssig] EF Johnson Offering Mike With Built-In Display GPS And APRS-like Functions

Scott Miller scott at opentrac.org
Tue Jan 27 19:57:08 EST 2009

Infinity Gear at least implies that they make their P-1000 radios, too.
  They're actually made by Puxing in China.

Now I *think* the person who loaned me the GISteq unit said that it was
a GISteq person's name on the patent for the thing, but I don't have
that patent number.

The situation gets even worse in Asia - it can be almost impossible to
figure out if you're talking to a manufacturer or a trading company,
even if you get to tour the factory.  And several manufacturers can be
producing the same design with minor variations in materials or components.

Scott
N1VG