[aprssig] Garmin and APRS

Alan P. Biddle APBIDDLE at UNITED.NET
Sat Feb 28 10:17:33 EST 2009

Scott,

Could you give us, in one or two sentences, some verbiage which clearly
explains the problem in a manner which tech support would understand well
enough to escalate the problem without a lot of back and forth?  It would be
VERY helpful to both Garmin and us.

I can tell them that my 650 FM does not handle APRS position updates like
the 350, and please fix it."  That will most likely result in a request for
more info, an explanation, etc, much of which I don't have.  You can
probably trust us enough to add enough other text to keep it from looking
like a spam effort.

I would like to help, but I need some input from you to do it effectively.
I asked about this before, and may have missed your reply.

Alan
WA4SCA