[aprssig] European APRS Voice Alert CTCSS frequency ?

Craig Mitchell craig at camitchell.co.uk
Thu Aug 27 17:45:14 EDT 2009

Hi all,

I've scouted around the web for a bit now, looking for a decisive view on
what the European CTCSS frequency could be for the APRS Voice Alert concept
?

If we ask google for "*europe aprs ctcss voice alert*" then you will come
across this link:

http://aprs.org/VoiceAlert3.html (great page by WB4APR)

Unfortunately it doesn't mention anything about what the Europeans have
agreed upon.

What's interesting though is that in the Google cache for that page, it
shows that the page used to contain the text "*...and set CTCSS-100 (136 in
Europe)*".. and "*Use CTCSS-136.5 In Europe where 50Hz power mains make
CTCSS-100 unreliable*"... but as the information has since been removed,
does anyone have any idea what European HAMs have agreed on ? Or is this
still work in progress ?

73s de OH1UK (Craig)

--
Craig Mitchell