[aprssig] recommended path on 6m?

Wes Johnston, AI4PX wes at ai4px.com
Thu Aug 27 18:02:42 EDT 2009

I saw it recommended that we run 7-7 paths on 6m.  While it would be fun to
do something cross country like the appallachain trail experiment, I worry
what will happen in the years to come when 6m aprs matures.  There will be
some old fogey running 7-7 and will proclaim that it's recommended or that
we've been doing this for years, etc... So why not start off on the right
foot and recommend the same paths we hard to learn the hard way on 2m?
W1-1,W2-1 or W1-1,W2-2 ?

I do like the suggestion that we not run WIDE there.  The 6MTRn-n designator
sounds great!  And it stops problems when we gate from one band to another.
Someone may gate 2m into the emptiness on 6m but the packets won't get far.

Wes
---
We are learning a lot more about Chicago-style politics than I ever wanted.