[aprssig] APRS Priority bit

Tapio Sokura oh2kku at iki.fi
Thu Aug 27 00:30:10 EDT 2009

Bob Bruninga wrote:
>> So software has been written that will only accept overlay
>> characters that are 0-9 or A-Z, in upper case.
>
> Can you help us identify these?

One of them is the perl module Ham::APRS::FAP. Or at least was a couple
of days ago when I last looked at the code. Anyway there are some
inconsistencies in your proposal that I'd rather see addressed (like the
overlays for compressed packets) before jumping to any code changes. Not
to mention the questionable usefulness of an end-user-defined priority
scheme.

>> claiming that the change doesn't require modifications to any
>> existing pieces of software just isn't true.
>
> Your missintepreted the thread.  My sentence above was saying that
> ALL software WOULD have to change if we used the ALTNET indicator.

Yes you are right here, I read what I thought you wrote instead of
really reading what you wrote.

   Tapio