[aprssig] Object Names With Spaces Proliferating

Stephen H. Smith wa8lmf2 at aol.com
Wed Aug 19 14:51:25 EDT 2009

While fiddling with calibrating a new UIview map last night, I just
happened to monitor this stack of SEVEN objects and stations stacked at
exactly the same location in Orange County, California:

    <http://wa8lmf.net/aprs/Object_Names_With_Spaces.htm>

Note that when multiple symbols appear too close together on a UIview
map to be selected individually (or in this case at EXACTLY the same
lat/long), UIview produces the list box showing in the upper center of
the screen shot when you click on the overlapping stack.  You then click
on a single line of this list for expanded details.   I clicked on each
of the seven items at K6SOA individually to produce the displays in the
screen shot.

Note further that this station seems to be injecting these stations and
objects directly into the APRS Internet system only, and not over RF.
I'm not sure what the point of informing the Internet audience (rather
than RF users) of the existence of these D-Star repeaters is......

Stephen H. Smith    wa8lmf (at) aol.com
Skype:        WA8LMF
Home Page:          http://wa8lmf.net

JavAPRS Filter Port 14580 Guide