[aprssig] D710 Manual & MCP-2 Was: questions

Steve Noskowicz noskosteve at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 23 15:43:06 EDT 2009

>     I "think" MCP2A writes a memory image to the radios, not discrete
> fields and commands.  This may preclude including other radios.

Ahhhh!   a.k.a.  a core dump, eh?   Ahhhhh!  Perhaps that's why it cautions you to fiirst upload the radio's 'configuraton', whatever that is, before doing memory transfers.

...  of course, SW can do it either way...

>     MCP2A has been around for a while now.  The last update was kinda
> minor if I remember correctly.

Yea.  I see that in the revision history.  It *is* WAY long past the time to be doing that one page-per-memory location schtick.
Guess I'm just out of the loop doing my own thing...

So much time, so little to do...  no. Wait.  Reverse that.

73, Steve, K9DCI
k9dci.home.comcast.net