[aprssig] D710 Manual & MCP-2 Was: questions

Bill Diaz william.diaz at comcast.net
Sun Aug 23 15:30:34 EDT 2009

Steve,
	See below:

>-----Original Message-----
>From: aprssig-bounces at tapr.org
>[mailto:aprssig-bounces at tapr.org] On Behalf Of Steve Noskowicz
>Sent: Sunday, August 23, 2009 13:21
>To: TAPR APRS Mailing List
>Subject: Re: [aprssig] D710 Manual & MCP-2 Was: questions
>

>> From: Bill Diaz <william.diaz at comcast.net>
>>   See :
>http://www.kenwood.com/i/products/info/amateur/pdf/TM-D710AE_ID
M_R1.pdf

>  for  the in depth manual.
>   Bill   KC9XG

Cool!  They're getting there... The MCP-2A Memory Manager has a
spreadsheet-like format.

 It *reads* other radio's files (TS-2000, TH-F6/7...).  Too bad it can not
write *to* other the radios...
Perhaps the "tabular" output can be pasted into my sheets without too much
editing required.

Anyone have it and comment?

	I "think" MCP2A writes a memory image to the radios, not discrete
fields and commands.  This may preclude including other radios.

  I sent the Kenwood folks one of my Excel CAT sheets a while back, so I'm
glad to see the improvements.

	MCP2A has been around for a while now.  The last update was kinda
minor if I remember correctly.

	Maybe someone else has better info.

Bill KC9XG

73, Steve, K9DCI