[aprssig] wilderness protocol cq

Mr Jeffrey L Ross radiooperator at comcast.net
Sat Aug 15 09:15:37 EDT 2009

hi, thanks for the responses, man, I know the 146.520 mhz freq is a calling
freq, meaning you make your contact, move to another. This is nice, but for
someone listening and hearing a cq and not respone is what I call a non-ham.
I think its the ARRL fault for not giving us what we need. We do not have a
fish freq, (wheres the fish), we do not have a going down the highway freq,
we do not have a camping freq, we do not have a marine freq,  we do not have
a emergency freq, these are things we need to make our radios more fun and
usefull. I hate to just leave my rig home in the drawer when I go out
camping, to the deep woods,rivers,lakes. Bring the cell phone I guess, or
use the marine radio. This is the problem with ham radio that needs some
attention. How do they think they can get new hams to come to our hobbie if
you can not even talk/call the fellow ham going down the highway? Or call
for help. I remember one time in the middle of the night, my child was real
sick and needed to find a open pharmacy. it was before the cell phone came
out., all I had was my rig, do you think anyone would answer me on the damm
repeater, no, and to not answer a cq, what do I call out next time, just
HELP, MAYDAY, , A cq could be a mayday. or someone needing assistance or
just a qsl. radio check.. And by the way, why not call cq on the reapeaters?
or do you say help there too? or just talk to yourself?
hello this is kc8gkf, anyone know where the cheapest gas is? see if you get
a reply or someone to come on and say, hey you can't do that!
I say the heck with the repeaters, they are just someones expensive personel
toy. SIMPLEX is the way to go, Wilderness protocol is the way to go. Just
needs a younger man to tune it up.
REPLY IF YOU WISH.
SAY WHAT YOU WANT, I LOVE THE FIRST AMMENDMENT.
KC8GKF

P.S NOW BACK TO APRS.