[aprssig] spaces in object names

Pete Loveall AE5PL Lists hamlists at ametx.com
Wed Aug 12 20:27:38 EDT 2009

Steve, I don't care what -you- think is a printable character or what you -claim- to have -intended- 10+ years ago (before Wikipedia even existed).  The simple fact is that the -ANSI Specification for the ASCII character set (X3.4 if you want to buy it)- defines the space character as being part of the "Basic Printable" character set and the APRS -specification- uses the specific phrasing "printable ASCII characters".  If you did not intend to adhere to the ANSI specification for the ASCII character set which predates the APRS specification by 30 years, then you should have raised your objections then.

Now you just want to cover your tracks and say "Don't believe the spec, believe what I tell you we meant".  Doesn't work for the government; doesn't work for you.

Good night.

73,

Pete Loveall AE5PL
pete at ae5pl dot net