[aprssig] Connecting a computer to the Kenwood TM-710A

AA3JY at Winlink.org AA3JY at Winlink.org
Thu Aug 6 12:24:10 EDT 2009

For connecting to UI-View using the TM-D710's internal TNC, you can use the
PG-5G, which only has the computer interface cable.

The PG-5H includes audio cables, which I think you can use to create an
Echolink node or to connect to an external TNC.

Universal Radio provides a pretty good explanation of the difference between
these two cable sets:

http://www.universal-radio.com/catalog/fm_txvrs/PG5GH.jpg

73,
Don WA4AVU
Thanks..I was under the impression that computer with it's internal soundcard, speakers and mic could also be used in lew of using the radio's speaker and external mic by using the PG-5H cable as well .. The Kenwood manual is extremely lean in explaining different connecting scenerios...