[aprssig] Connecting a computer to the Kenwood TM-710A

Don Downs d.downs at computer.org
Thu Aug 6 11:40:24 EDT 2009

For connecting to UI-View using the TM-D710's internal TNC, you can use the
PG-5G, which only has the computer interface cable.

The PG-5H includes audio cables, which I think you can use to create an
Echolink node or to connect to an external TNC.

Universal Radio provides a pretty good explanation of the difference between
these two cable sets:

http://www.universal-radio.com/catalog/fm_txvrs/PG5GH.jpg

73,
Don WA4AVU