[aprssig] FW: EchoLink -> APRS Message receiving

Gaffit gaffit at sbcglobal.net
Tue Aug 4 20:28:48 EDT 2009

----- Original Message -----
From: "Robert Bruninga"

> But if someone is using that EchoLink link out on RF in a
> mobile, this inteface would send the chat text out to the APRS
> radio front panel...  Very handy...
>
> For an Echolink Repeater tied into a conference, it would extend
> that chat out on APRS to everyone in the local area too, so
> everyone could be fully integrated into the conversation going
> on.

EchoProducer http://homepage.eircom.net/~ei4jr/EchoProducer/EchoProducer.htm
and Echotime from Jim, KH2D, will already allow text to voice from the chat
box.
Jim's program is no longer available last I spoke with him, but the
echoproducer from
Peter, EI4JR, is available to play with.

Don't think you'd really want to tie up your APRS freq with the multitude of
text
msgs that "fly" on those echolink conferences if I'm understanding what
you're
talking about.

On your echolink node, you can have the text messages "spoken" right on top
of the normal link radio traffic.  I've had it playing a few times on my
simplex
node while away from the computer - and it does get annoying real fast...

Hope I worded this correctly,  no?

Later,
Todd  KH2TJ/6