[aprssig] "The New" WXSVR and Canada

Brad [VE3BSM] lists.nospam at bpsmicro.com
Tue Aug 4 16:51:23 EDT 2009

I'm sure we'll all recall the thread of a couple of weeks ago about the
apparent demise of Dale's WXSVR, and the efforts towards the "new" WXSVR at
AE5PL-WX that's stepped up. Thanks to all for this effort.

Previously, Dale's server provided warnings (but not shapes) for some or all
of Canada. I know because I was gating warnings for Ontario (WTOSVR) out to
RF. I recall Dale & I exchanging e-mail on his work to being able to send
out the Canadian warnings (and the near-impossibility of doing shapefiles
for Canada thanks to the Canadian government).

My question: Is it feasible, or possible, for the new AE5PL-WX server to
*also* add Canadian warnings? Of course, I have no idea *how* dale did what
he did, or where he got the data from, or even where the "county" callsigns
came from. I just know they're gone, and we miss them. :-(

Brad

VE3BSM  (at gmail)