[aprssig] EchoLink APRS-IS Ojbects Mothballed

Lynn W. Deffenbaugh (Mr) ldeffenb at homeside.to
Mon Aug 3 09:53:51 EDT 2009

Have you looked at the Item-In-Message format proposed for APRS 1.2?
You could support a different APRS message trigger (node-obj) that
formats the data according to:

http://aprs.org/aprs12/item-in-msg.txt

Then as APRS clients get upgraded to support it (I'm planning to in my
APRSISCE for Windows Mobile), your server will be ready to deliver!

Great job!  Do you know if you'll be able to keep the service running or
do you want to give the source to a site that can keep it hosted once
you're happy with it?  You'll obviously want the messages addressed to a
suitable alias rather than your callsign, at least.

Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ

PS.  All of the APRS 1.2 Proposal are at http://aprs.org/aprs12.html