[aprssig] Linux aprsdigi configuration

John Gorkos jgorkos at gmail.com
Thu Apr 30 16:53:29 EDT 2009

On Thursday 30 April 2009 10:31:57 Stephen - K1LNX wrote:
> Compiling digi_ned in a Debian environment is dead simple, make sure your
> development tools are installed (apt-get install build-essential), grab the
> source, untar it and then:
>
> apt-get install libax25-dev xutils-dev
> make depend
> make
>
> I've built it several times under Debian and Ubuntu with great success.
>
> Hope that helps...
Done.  It wasn't "easy" so much as "packaged" and "supported" that I was
looking for.  However, since neither aprsdigi nor digined are under active
development (or maintenance, as far as I can tell), ongoing package support
seems to be less important.

Bill -
  It looks like aprs4r is off to a good start, but I wanted something that used
the native ax25 libraries instead of direct serial access.  Well, and
installing Ruby is about as distasteful as installing a Java VM when you're
talking embedded.

Thanks for the tips.
John Gorkos
AB0OO